- Manage hybrid SQL Server / MySQL Cloud estate
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Sharing technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Performance tuning of existing SQL Estate
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Gatekeep the data estate managing security and encryption
- Regular environmental refreshes and de-sensitisation of data
Nice to have
- SSIS implementation and development
- Peer review of database code and assisting developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Experience and experience of High Availability and Disaster recover solutions provide by SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent T-SQL - Functions, SPs triggers etc
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently
- Good Understanding of networks and firewall
- Ability to take ownership of problem to see through to resolution
- Ability to communicate with people of different technical levels
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
In our office at 33 Holborn
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.