Exceptional opportunity to be a key part of a small team at Octopus that is building high volume fintech platforms. Our first product, OctopusChoice.com is the fastest growing p2p lending platform in Europe. We have two other fintech products in development, and are also running an Accelerator, so you will be constantly: exposed to innovation, building new products, and engineering for high growth. Fun!
- You’ve always been fascinated by the way things work and the reasons they sometimes don’t.
- As a kid you configured your own router to optimize it for the UDP traffic from your console.
- You once set-up and ran an onion router, just because you wanted to know how it worked.
- You pride yourself on building office LANs that are fast, reliable and safe from intrusion.
- You find PEN testing fun.
- You can do a BGP configuration in your sleep.
- Why do people still use IPv4? Really, why?
- The recent IoT DDoS attacks fascinated you on so many levels.
- Updating Cisco Firmware is mind numbing, but someone has to do it.
- Armed with a pentalobe and the right drivers, you can make one great server out of two old ones.
- You can communicate technical concepts in layman’s terms.
- You have a sense of urgency—but also the ability to keep your cool.
- Privately held company, launched in a bedroom 15 years ago, now with more than 650 employees and over £6 billion (with a b) under management.
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're building a series of FinTech platforms that will take the industry by storm.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
Skills & Requirements:
- 4 Years Network Support Experience in an Enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of virtualization, P2V in VMWare·
- Strong knowledge of virtualization, P2C in AWS and Azure
- Strong Windows Server/Client skills
- Good Active Directory/DHCP/DNS
- Good Microsoft Exchange
- Good Powershell
- Knowledge of Mimecast
- Good understanding of different types of computing and mobile hardware
You will be a key part of a small team that is constantly helping to deliver change to an exciting company.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Stunning office.
33, Holborn, London
- Send a brief cover letter and a CV.
You must have the right to work in the UK!
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.