The Software Delivery Team aim to deliver change, by introducing software that can make the users’ processes easier.
The purpose of the team is to help identify the problems people face on a day-to-day basis and to then use technical know-how to identify potential software solutions to make things better!
Maybe one team in Octopus is already using a great piece of software that could also improve other areas of the business. Perhaps an Octopus Team are looking to replace some existing software but aren’t quite sure the best way to go about it. Or maybe an Octopus Team want to introduce something completely new to transform how the team works. Either way, the Software Delivery Managers are there to help in this process.
It’s also the job of the Software Delivery Manager, to manage relationships with our existing software providers, and budget our software spend.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with people at all levels within the business to help identify their needs
- Software selection for 3rd party applications based on these requirements
- Lead on proposals, tenders, and quotations
- Make the decision on vendor selection
- Manage the vendor relationship
- Project manage the rollout of the software within our company
- Take responsibility for the full life cycle of the software delivery from receiving the mandate, through to delivery, training, testing and roll out
- Capture and track performance KPIs; share that data internally for the broader organization to understand the products and ultimately make better informed decisions for future software needs.
- You're a bit of a geek who loves helping people.
- You are a real software and solution specialist and love being a "superuser" - always trying to figure out how to make it best work for you.
- You're incredibly organized and detail orientated.
- You enjoy working independently but also thrive working as part of a team of other Software Delivery Managers
- When you see two people endlessly email back and forth a Word document, you can't stop yourself from offering a cloud-based solution.
- You've downloaded loads of productivity apps on your phone, just to try which is the best one.
- You don't need to have a degree in computer science, or years managing expensive enterprise software rollouts. We're looking for somebody who is smart, quick, hardworking and determined to get the job done.
- Ideally you will have hands on experience partnering with the business, really working with them to understand their software needs.
If you've read this far, then we're probably looking for you!
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 750 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.