Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
About the role
We're looking for a somebody to lead the team of Software Delivery Managers. The team themselves will help identify our software needs, then select a vendor, negotiate the best price, manage the vendor relationship, as well as manage the rollout of the software within our company. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Drive and lead a successful team, really be the point of contact who brings the team together.
- Obtain estimates, plan the release, agree and oversee delivery to the users.
- Based on the user's needs, identify the best software solution.
- Work with different teams in the business to help identify their needs.
- Capture and track performance KPIs; share that data internally in order for the broader organization to understand the products and ultimately make better informed decisions for future software needs.
For example we are looking for a document management system and are currently trialling Box, which was chosen over 3-4 similar tools. We now need to manage the rollout to two dozen staff, this will include creating documentation and training users.
- You're a bit of a geek who loves helping people.
- You love to dig around software, love being a "superuser" - always trying to figure out how to make it best work for you.
- You're incredibly organized and detail orientated.
- When you see two people endlessly email back and forth a Word document, you can't stop yourself from offering a cloud based solution.
- You're also a bit of a data wrangler, and know how to extract contacts from Outlook and import them to the cloud. In fact, you're the person all your friends call when they "need their computer fixing".
- You probably read TechCrunch.
- You've downloaded loads of productivity apps on your phone, just to try which is the best one.
- You must have experience in leading a team, doing 1-1's, performance appraisals, working with team members of all levels, really driving forward high performance.
- You don't need to have a degree in computer science, or years managing expensive enterprise software roll outs.
- We're looking for somebody who is smart, quick, hard working and determined to get the job done.
- You will have hands on experience partnering with the business, really working with them to understand their software needs.
- If you've read this far, then we're probably looking for you!
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions.
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
- In our office at 33 Holborn