For the last 17 years we at the Octopus Group have been applying our inquisitive nature in sectors such as investments, healthcare and energy. Across all our businesses, we now have more 500,000 customers and our investments have put more than £8.3 billion into the UK economy. We plan to keep on building businesses that will improve the lives of millions of people, because we want Octopus to be a company we’ll be proud to tell our grandchildren about.
This role is within a new financial advice and wealth management business that’s being seeded within the Octopus Group – Octopus Wealth.
We’re big believers in the powerful role that advice can play. It can transform lives for the better – helping people realise their aspirations, combat their anxieties and, well, live a better life.
And we’re on a mission to blow away the cobwebs and breathe new life into the sometimes complicated world of personal finance: no unnecessary jargon or complexity. Just smart financial advice, framed in simple, straightforward terms.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have a great opportunity for an organised, metric-obsessed growth geek to join our team as an early marketing hire, to drive the performance marketing aspects of our business. Your goal will be to help us develop a steady flow of marketing qualified leads, with primary tasks likely to include:
- Managing the ongoing development of our website. We currently have a very rough initial MVP, so there’s a huge amount of expansion required to transform the site into the hard-working cornerstone of our lead generation that we need it to be. You’ll help build and manage a prioritised roadmap for the content and development work required, working with writers, designers & front-end developers to execute
- Monitoring our ongoing traffic and organic performance and work hard to get us ranking where we need to. This will involve maintaining and refining our on-page SEO, and co-owning our editorial calendar with our content writer, before optimising, scheduling and promoting the content they produce
- Monitoring the on-page behaviour of our visitors, observing their browsing habits, measuring their path down the funnel and constantly optimising the site for conversion
- Managing our paid activity across search and social. To involve planning and implementing campaigns, overseeing landing page development (pulling in copy/design resource where required) and constantly analysing and optimising for performance
- Managing our social media channels – working with our writer to structure and publish a regular schedule of content to help build a community of engaged followers
- Working with our writer, designer and agencies where appropriate to brainstorm and plan new growth-focused campaigns, content and experiments to drive inbound traffic and boost conversion
- Executing a rich and regular schedule of high-performing emails across the customer lifecycle: from initial prospect through to post-sale. While content will be produced by our writer, it’ll be your job to manage set-up, execution and testing
- Building a marketing dashboard to provide real-time reporting and analytics
In short: a super smart and eager all-rounder, who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty. In classic start-up fashion, we need someone who can think strategically and not be told what to do, but also execute on the ideas they develop. In particular, we need someone who’s…
- Experienced. We’re not looking for a know-it-all, but you’ll have experience at the sharp end of growth marketing, and will have ample familiarity of working with mainstream web/digital marketing tools & social channels (Wordpress, Google Analytics, AdWords, CRM & email marketing platforms, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Excited, not scared by blank space. As we’ve just started, we currently have zero organic footprint – so the only way is up! A great opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to take a clean slate and help us to the top of page one
- Entrepreneurial. You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity. A genuine self-starter, you’ll enjoy thinking up and experimenting with new ideas for content. If you want it all on a plate, you’ll be disappointed here…
- Social. You’ll be an avid consumer of social content and enjoy forging engaged communities
- Curious. You’re eager to learn new skills and try new things. You might be learning SQL, or have it on your list. Or perhaps you’re the kind of person who loves testing out new tools (free trials first!!) and thinking up fresh experiments.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.