About the role:
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to help define, implement, and support our rapidly changing tech infrastructure and delivery pipeline. We embrace change and need someone who is passionate about innovative technology, as well as understanding what good looks like and appreciates the importance of security throughout the SDLC.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development operations including deployment automation, automation scripting, configuration management & standardization
- You are very ‘hands-on’, and love getting your hands dirty in the detail
- Experience managing AWS, Google Cloud (AppEngine) and Azure.
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters and containers (build, publish, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in Terraform and provisioning languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.). Understanding of ephemeral infrastructure.
- Experience with Visual Studio - VSTS
- Experience monitoring cloud infrastructure and microservices (Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, & root cause analysis skills
- Willingness to take ownership, be held accountable and achieve a good outcome for all stakeholders through effective collaboration
- Excellent implementation skills in at least one scripting/programming language
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play around with new tech.
- Excellent knowledge of deployment and integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, VSTS, etc.)
- Solid understanding and experience of Agile development methodologies
- You have an appreciation of the importance of security at every stage of the SDLC, and have implemented application and code scanning software (Zap, Veracode etc.)
What you will be doing
- Implementing and designing CI and CD packages/pipelines to allow measurable improvements to deployment frequency, a faster time to market, and a lower failure rate of new releases
- Designing and creating infrastructure as code and in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Building and maintaining tools to automate application and infrastructure deployment, and to monitor operations
- Coordinating with other members of the DevOps, Development, Test, and Product Owner teams to enhance and optimize existing processes
- Creating deployment dashboards and intuitive UI’s for tracking deployments
- Owning the build and release process, and managing and tracking the progress of multiple releases in parallel for all environments
- Configuring, standardizing and evolving the test environments so they are closer to production systems; troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure and environment issues
- Providing guidance & support to the Dev and QA teams as needed
- Defining security good practices, and implementing tools to enforce those practices.
· Flexible working hours.
· Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
· Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
· Relaxed, creative environment.
· Stunning office.
This position requires you to work from our offices in Central London. However, we do offer flexible working hours and have a work-from-home policy.
Send a brief cover letter and a CV You must have the right to work in the UK!
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.