Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
We are offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic Software Tester to join our DevOps testing team. Octopus is a rapidly growing company looking to build out and upgrade our existing in-house systems. We have moved towards a DevOps environment so you will have an appreciation of hosted environments, automation and agile working. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about testing and finding innovative ways to speed up the test cycles.
- You are self-motivated and passionate about delivering high quality software
- You have an immense attention to detail
- You have an appreciation for both manual and automated testing
- You are pretty good at understanding complex business concepts
- You love working in a rapidly moving environment, managing your time efficiently between multiple concurrent projects, evolving requirements and time pressures
- You've failed often enough to know you're not perfect (but secretly you know you're pretty darn good).
- You are very ‘hands-on’, and love getting your hands dirty in the detail
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play.
- You don’t always resort to the tried and tested - you embrace change and find innovative solutions to problems
- You enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast paced team
Skills & Requirements
- Write, maintain and execute manual tests
- Run automated scripts and maintain them
- Experience in Web services/API testing
- Contribute to project analysis from a testability point of view
- Develop detailed test plans and scripts
- Quick to understand complex business concepts
- Able to multitask and deal with uncertainty, evolving requirements and time pressures
- An immense attention to detail
- Ability to learn the Octopus business processes that relates to the applications developed and supported by the team
- Defect management and tracking
- Experience with TFS or similar test repository tools
- Knowledge of SQL
- Willingness to take ownership and achieve good outcome for all stakeholders through effective collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A good understanding of agile development
- We are not able to sponsor visas unfortunately
- Any automation or scripting/programming experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Good understanding of relational databases and extracting data using SQL
- TFS, Jira, QC or alternative experience
- Test planning
- A degree in the field of Computer Science or another rigorous discipline
- Financial domain knowledge
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certified
- You will be a key part of a small team that will build very high volume FinTech platforms from the ground up
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team
- Salary (tell us what you are worth)
- Stunning office
- Fun working environment
- We're ideally looking for a candidate who can work from our snazzy new offices in London (we’re right by Chancery Lane tube). We encourage flexible working and would be happy for you to work from home 1 day a week.
- Send a brief cover letter and a CV
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.