About the role
This role sits within the Data Team.
We channel data requests and provide innovative and reliable solutions. The
data team is responsible for agile planning, requirements gathering,
developing, analysing and supporting multi platform databases.
- You will play a key part in transforming Octopus to being a data-driven organization. You have a passion for databases and love finding interesting ways to innovate data development.
- You will be responsible for the development of databases and SSIS packages for use in the data warehouse and across business projects. This includes supporting and developing with the data team to on-board new data pipelines from across the business.
- You will help move Octopus to the next level in terms of its databases and data warehousing. This will include various database technologies, cloud and on premise and ETL development.
- Experience as a database and ETL developer.
- Experience with Performance Tuning.
- Technically proficient, especially SQL Server 2008 onwards.
- High level of knowledge with T-SQL SQL scripting & debugging (stored procedures, user functions etc.).
- High level of knowledge of SSIS development.
- Financial Services Investment Management industry experience preferred.
- Must have aptitude and willingness to learn new software and technologies.
- Some level of knowledge in cloud technologies desirable
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
In our office at 33 Holborn
You must be eligible to work in the UK!
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.