About the role:
We’re looking for a star scrum master to help manage the development of one of our direct-to-customer platforms. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, ambitious and very organized person with great communication skills to help manage the development of a leading FinTech platform.
- Be a true servant leader in a cross-functional team
- Facilitate Scrum events as needed and provide feedback to the team(s)
- Work to remove blockers so that the team(s) can operate efficiently
- Work with the Product Managers to sustain the Product Backlog and align product portfolio
- Contribute to the resolution of wider organisational impediments that impact the team(s)
- Grow and improve an effective self-organising, cross-functional and disciplined team where individuals recognise that team success is more important than individual success.
- Help the team establish and abide by a set of ‘norms’ that help them govern their behaviours and interactions.
- Facilitate discussions to create consensus agreement and binding decisions. Encourage public commitments and accountability through adherence to commitments made by the team and individuals.
- Facilitate the day-to-day process of software development and delivery and ensure the agreed process is adhered to.
- Coordinate and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, retrospectives etc.
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, confident person with good organisational and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- A passion for working with colleagues and getting the best out of them
- Ability to be diplomatic while in negotiations & troubleshooting
- You thrive on a challenge and solving impossible problems
- You enjoy driving change and innovation and can bring people along the journey with you
- You welcome the flexibility and constant feedback that working with a Scrum methodology provides
- You can’t go more than a week without talking to your users before you break out in hives
- You love technology and figuring out how things work.
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
In our office at 33 Holborn
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.