Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The mission of the IT team is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business and their clients work smarter and more efficiently. The IT team has grown significantly over the last year in terms of numbers of people, systems supported and projects to deliver. Technology is seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business.
We'll love you if:
- You enjoy a good ‘Technical Proof of Concept’
- You create documentation because you enjoy it!
- You were the kind of kid who took things apart just to put them back together (correctly)
- You relish seeing a project through to operational production
- You’re passionate about technology delivery
- You have a strong background in tech support
- HOW is just as important as WHAT you do
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- Solving problems - things happen and you're there to fix them
- Providing a ‘new technology lifecycle’ support experience
- Being one of the go-to people for specialist technical knowledge
- Having passion about customer experience and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- Imparting knowledge to the teams supporting your implementations
- Implementation & daily maintenance of production applications & software
- Constant evaluation of production software and applications to ensure ‘fit for purpose’
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to agile business requirements
- Collaborating with relevant IT service owners to improve support, delivery & communication
- Acting as an escalation point for Desktop Support team members
- Providing ad-hoc specialist support for small projects/access/information requests
- Supporting the Desktop team with technology mentoring & training
- Software & application maintenance experience
- Technical documentation creation experience
- Good knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good understanding of project implementation
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits
- Relaxed, creative environment
- Stunning office
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.