Application Support Analyst
Exceptional opportunity to be a key part of a small team at Octopus that is building high volume fintech platforms.
We'll love you if:
- You're fascinated by the way things work and the reasons they sometimes don't
- You’re not fazed by doing things you have never done before
- You’re willing to embrace new systems, processes, technologies and ideas
- You have a burning desire to solve problems
- You have background in application support or development.
- You’re proud of your last TSQL, PL/SQL data report or migration that impressed everyone or at least you, by using you’re in depth knowledge, speed and accuracy of SQL to wow!
- You're here not only to help fix application issues, but to restore positive customer relationships with technical advice, and timely service
- You can communicate technical problems in layman's terms
- You share a passion for technology
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- Solving problems - things happen and you're there to fix them
- Improving applications by getting to the root of issues
- Being one of the go-to people for technical knowledge
- Having passion about customer service and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- 3 years' technical application support in an enterprise environment
- Strong SQL
- Experience investigating and troubleshooting application errors
- Experience providing first & second line support for application incidents
- Experience creating and logging issues and creating KB articles
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of Powershell or any other scripting language
- Knowledge of MS Windows Server
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.