Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 700 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
We have an opening for an experienced, enthusiastic, and engaging test manager. Octopus labs has grown significantly over recent years and the test function is now a 12 strong team of manual and automation testers. We are looking for a test manager who can lead that team, enabling them to carry on delivering high quality testing. You will have experience of working on enterprise level projects with several integrated systems and will have an appreciation of agile working patterns. As you will be owning the test automation function you will also know the benefits of a DevOps working environment and have experience in automating functions wherever possible. Most importantly you will be someone who knows how to build and maintain a happy, fully engaged, and productive testing team.
The role will be to manage a team 12 manual and automation testers, duties will include:
- Defining and maintaining the companies test strategy
- Performing all people management responsibilities including:
- Performance appraisals
- Resource management (hiring/PIP’s)
- Setting objectives
- Agreeing training plans
- Effective stakeholder management, including interacting with people from all levels of the business
- Close collaboration with product owners, developers, and business users
- Evaluating and recommending appropriate testing software
- Defining and enforcing testing best practice
- Collaborating with 3rd party vendors to test change requests to key systems
- Owning all test environments, both on-premise and in the cloud
As well as evidence of having performed the duties outlined above the successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and appreciation of enterprise level security testing, specifically integrating security validation throughout the testing pipeline
- Extensive experience of working in Agile development environments, and a knowledge of the challenges with that approach
- Experience of managing enterprise level ETE test environments which include multiple systems and data sources.
- Willingness to be hands on and assist with testing when required
- Strong at defect management and risk-based testing
- Experience working in an DevOps type environment where extensive automation has been implemented.
- Flexible, proactive, enthusiastic and hardworking, adaptable in a fast-paced environment and willing to initiate and embrace change
- Knowledge of Selenium using C#
- An understanding of all phases of testing required for enterprise level micro-services architecture (load testing, API testing, compatibility, security) as well the standard testing phases.
- Experience of working on large scale decommissioning projects
- Knowledge of cloud environments (GCP and Azure)
- Experience with working with offshore development teams
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- As an entrepreneurial company, there are constantly new opportunities and so nothing stays the same for long
- Started in a bedroom 18 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- We support 10% of your week being dedicated to you and your personal growth
- In our office at 33 Holborn
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.