Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
18 months ago we launched our first product, a peer-to-peer lending platform called Octopus Choice. We now have over 5,000 customers who have together invested more than £110 million, and are growing at a rapid pace.
Working at Octopus Labs provides an opportunity to combine the exciting pace and confidence of start-up, with the broader benefits of a large, well-capitalised business that manages more than £7 billion on behalf of over 100,000 customers.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a super organised, energetic and proactive marketing executive to join us at Octopus Choice, as we enter a rapid phase of acquisition and growth. You’ll be involved in the full range of the product’s marketing communications, working with internal teams and external agencies to help ensure projects are done at pace.
What you’ll be doing: essential job functions
- Helping to plan, schedule and project manage the direct-to-consumer marketing activity for Octopus Choice.
- Aligning activity across every stage of the funnel, including awareness-driving online and offline campaigns, consideration-focused SEO activity and online content, and loyalty-boosting email campaigns.
- Organising and communicating across different teams and agencies to ensure deadlines are met.
- Using data-driven insights to more effectively segment our customer base – and help brainstorm, plan and develop new campaigns to target them.
- Working with the finance and analytics team to manage marketing spend and monitor its effectiveness.
- Producing ongoing competitor analysis, focusing particularly on value propositions, market positioning, messaging and marketing activity.
- Building and managing an ongoing calendar of events – which will involve both seeking out and pitching for speaker opportunities at external conferences and seminars, as well as organising semi-regular investor events hosted here at Octopus.
- Identifying appropriate awards and drafting submissions.
What we’re looking for: job specific skills and experience
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, optimistic and process-oriented individual who loves bringing shape and rigour to a vision and ensure stuff gets done. You’ll be the kind of person who has:
- Superb project management and organisational skills. Are you the kind of person who plans their holiday hour by hour? Even if not, if you like methodically building a plan of action, then cajoling others to make sure it actually happens, then you could be the one for us.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – empathy is a must. We’re a friendly bunch, and are looking for someone who can keep others to their word, but always in a genuinely friendly and optimistic way.
- Already worked in a similar role for a few years, has a strong grasp of the marketing mix (and is au fait with Google Analytics), who is looking to take the next step on their career in a high-growth, start-up environment.
- The ability to learn fast, pick up new processes quickly as well as take on board and understand product information and features.
- A strong and flexible work ethic. You should be capable of using initiative but will have an outgoing personality who will be at home in a young, dynamic, fast-paced and energetic team.
- Be helpful: random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
- Be straightforward: life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
- Be bold: every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself